ABA on Construction Law Midwinter Meeting: “Subcontractors, Subconsultants, Suppliers – Oh My!”
Speaker: Wendy K. Venoit
Where: Fort Meyers, FL
As part of her leadership role, Hinckley Allen Partner Wendy K. Venoit will attend the American Bar Association (ABA) Forum on Construction Law’s 2018 Midwinter Meeting. The theme of the meeting is “Subcontractors, Subconsultants, Suppliers – Oh My!…We Aren’t in Kansas Anymore.” Thought leaders in construction law and practice will present a broad range of topics including:
- Subcontractor liability for design;
- Managing the risk of non-performance during construction, and securing that risk through traditional bonding or subcontractor default insurance;
- Securing payment and available remedies under state and federal law;
- Overcoming or enforcing contract language relating to damages, including no-damages-for-delay, liquidated damages, and waivers of consequential damages;
- “Pass-through” claims: successful positioning, False Claims Act considerations, and avoiding the “winged monkey in the middle” position; and,
- Ethical issues in bidding and in contracting with M/W/DBEs.
Learn more here.