New Partner Anne M. Murphy Joins Hinckley Allen’s Growing Health Care Practice
September 5, 2017
By: Anne M. Murphy
Hinckley Allen is pleased to welcome Anne M. Murphy as a Partner in our Health Care practice. Anne joins our Boston office from Chicago, where she most recently served as Senior Vice President for Legal Affairs and General Counsel at Rush University Medical Center. Anne’s career has included leadership positions in private practice, government service, and health care organizations.
“We are excited to welcome Anne back to Boston, where she began her career journey at law school,” said David J. Rubin, Managing Partner at Hinckley Allen. “She brings a wealth of experience in health care to our team, particularly relating to the unique challenges that face health systems, academic medical centers, and other health care provider organizations. We know she will be a trusted advisor to our clients in the region as they continue to assess the opportunities and challenges of an evolving health care landscape.”
With three decades in the field, Anne brings deep expertise and a broad range of experience to our firm, including:
- Leading resolution of transactional, regulatory, litigation, risk, health law, and higher education law compliance and accreditation issues in a nationally recognized academic medical center and health sciences university.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to senior management teams and governing boards on strategic initiatives, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, and significant construction projects.
- Representing high-profile hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and other health providers on complex projects frequently involving innovation in areas such as clinical and bench research, technology transfer and development, cybersecurity, cyberliability, telehealth, population health, patient safety, and quality improvement.
- Reducing organizational risk exposure through implementation of comprehensive Enterprise Risk Management and oversight of risk management and insurance coverages (both self-insured/captive and commercial).
- Managing high-profile cases with heavy media attention, government regulatory oversight, and law enforcement interest, typically by utilizing a strategy focused on positive messaging and collaboration with third parties.
- Influencing strategy and operations by encouraging honest conversation and collaboration that drives rapid transformation.
“Anne brings a fresh perspective to our Health Care practice, having overseen legal affairs and risk management at a major academic medical center and health sciences university,” said Mark S. McCue, Chair of Hinckley Allen’s Health Care practice. “With her expansive background and leadership experience, Anne will be a key player on our team as we continue to grow. “
Hinckley Allen’s Health Care attorneys use industry knowledge, experience, and legal acumen to provide counsel on complex issues such as evolving models for delivery of health care and reimbursement, governance, mergers and acquisitions, advice on strategic alliances, technology advances, regulatory compliance, risk management, disputes, and investigations. Our attorneys advise health care providers and facilities of all sizes and offer a broad array of services on both complex and routine matters.