Corporate & Business
Imagine having an attorney who doubles as a seasoned business advisor to help your company thrive. We’re a team of skilled, business-focused attorneys with a wide range of specialties. We listen carefully and work with you to gain a full understanding of your business in order to become an integral part of your team. By providing insightful, practical, strategic counsel, we’re known for our trusted advice and representation on practically any issue, whether it be starting, running or growing a business.
Experienced attorneys with a passion for business-who deliver results.
We’re here to solve the myriad of issues that arise in your business. We continually weigh the business benefit to you against any investment you make in our legal services–every step of the way. This practical approach delivers results and wins us loyal clients who are willing to refer us time and again.
- Represented the Buyer in connection with the purchase of the assets of a New Jersey-based flooring distribution company.
- Represented the Seller in the sale of equity interests of a privately held electrical products distribution company to a U.S.-based subsidiary of a French public company.
Energy and Utilities
- Represented the Buyer in the acquisition of a water business in North Carolina.
- Represented regional bank in its “merger of equals” transaction roughly doubling its size.
- Represented the Buyer in the asset acquisition of a registered investment advisor business for cash and a majority equity position in the resulting company.
- Represented the Buyer in the acquisition of 100% of the membership interests of a registered broker-dealer.
- Represented the Buyer in related acquisitions of an investment advisor and registered broker-dealer.
- Represented the Seller in the sale of a New Hampshire chartered bank to a bank holding company for cash and stock.
- Represented the Seller in the sale of a Rhode Island bank holding company to a Massachusetts bank holding company.
- Represented the Seller in the sale of a Connecticut bank holding company to a New York bank holding company, including resolving several shareholder strike suits and settlement.
Health Care Products and Services
- Represented the Buyer in the asset purchase of a 400-bed hospital located in Blue Island, Illinois; converted hospital from nonprofit to for-profit.
- Represented a publicly held company in its acquisition of a publicly held company in the aesthetic treatment industry.
- Represented the shareholders of a national medical laboratory providing drug monitoring services to a private equity firm focused on health care transactions.
- Represented the Buyer in the acquisition of a downtown Chicago continuing care retirement community out of bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented stalking-horse bidder in a bankruptcy acquisition under §363 of substantially all the assets of two continuing care retirement communities located in Illinois.
- Represented the Buyer in the purchase of a dental practice and related financing.
- Represented the members of a health care company in the sale of their membership interests in a continuing care facility.
- Represented the Seller in the sale of a neurophysiological instrumentation company to a medical company.
- Represented the Seller in the sale of the LLC membership interests of an electronic health record and electronic medical record software provider.
- Represented the Seller in the sale of operating subsidiaries of a solid tire manufacturer and distributor, which included the sale of a Cayman Island holding company, which owned a Chinese subsidiary. Buyer was a public company listed on the Swedish exchange.
- Represented the Seller in the sale of a Serbian tire manufacturing subsidiary to a Czech company and the negotiation of related off-take agreement and credit agreement amendments.
- Represented a stalking-horse bidder in a bankruptcy credit bid acquisition under §363 of substantially all the assets of a designer bath and supply company located throughout the United States.
- Represented the management/investor acquisitor of the assets of a Massachusetts-based subsidiary of a Canadian public company.
- Represented a bicycle manufacturer in the cross-border (Canada) acquisition of an apparel company.
- Represented the Seller in the sale of shares of its wholly owned subsidiary. Seller held back certain assets from the sale, so structure included an asset purchase agreement, as well as a stock purchase agreement.
- Represented the Seller in the asset sale of a market research/software company in exchange for minority equity position in Buyer and cash consideration in the form of a promissory note.
- Represented the members of a predictive analytics software company in an equity sale to an Irish public company.
- Represented the shareholders of a leading genetic testing development company to a U.S. public company.
- Represented the Seller in the sale of three business units pursuant to Section 363 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code to three separate internal purchasers. Transactions involved multiple transition service agreements dealing with integrated IT and operational issues and bankruptcy bidding process.
- Represented buyer (assets) of two separate auto dealerships in Fairfield County, Connecticut and related deal and floorplan financing. Represented same buyer in establishment of new Kia dealership in Tennessee and GM dealerships in western New York and related real property purchases and financings.