Sarah’s practice is focused in general corporate and business law, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial finance. She has broad transactional experience and frequently serves as counsel to companies regarding mergers, acquisitions, and assets sales for both sellers and buyers. Sarah also represents financial institutions and borrowers in financing transactions, and has developed a specialty in senior living matters. She advises a wide range of clients on matters ranging from everyday corporate governance and operational questions to strategic expansion and sophisticated financings.
Corporate & Business/Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented the initial stalking horse bidder and purchaser in a multi-million dollar acquisition of a 53 story building and continuing care retirement community in downtown Chicago.
- Represented purchaser in a multi-million dollar acquisition of two continuing care retirement communities in Chapter 11 in Illinois.
- Represented purchaser in a multi-million dollar acquisition of a national designer bath and supply company.
- Represented seller in a multi-million dollar sale of a metropolitan CCRC.
- Represented JV in six-state multiple asset acquisition.
- Represented the purchaser in the asset purchase of a 400-bed hospital located in Blue Island, Illinois, converted hospital from non-profit to for-profit.
- Represented the sellers of a controlling interest in a limited liability company that owns a nursing home facility.
- Represented bidder in possible acquisition of Landmark Hospital in Rhode Island receivership.
- Represented stalking horse bidder in multi-state nursing home Chapter 11 case.
- Represented the sellers of stock in Cannondale Corporation to Dorel.
- Represented the seller of car dealerships in separate sales in Florida and Connecticut.
- Represented the seller of membership interests in a large Connecticut manufacturing company.
Commercial & Real Estate Finance
- Represented borrower in the debt restructuring and $120 million construction and term loan.
- Represented borrower in refinancing of $78 million dollar real estate loan.
- Represented healthcare provider borrower in $20 million asset based loan.
- Represented the asset based lending division of one of the nation’s largest banks in a series of loans totaling $16,090,000 to a major northeast electronics and appliance retailer.
- Represented one of the largest MBE owned car dealerships in the country in connection with multiple financings and financings.
- Represented the lender in connection with the negotiation and documentation of debtor-in-possession financing.
- Represented mezzanine lender in several mixed-use development projects.
- Hinckley Allen
- Partner (2008-Present)
- Tyler Cooper & Alcorn, LLP
Honors & Awards
- Hartford Business Journal, 40 Under Forty (2010)
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Camp Courant, Member, Board of Directors
- Interval House, Former Board Member
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut, 2001
- District Court, District of Connecticut, 2008
News & Insight
On May 11, 2021, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services published an interim final rule that will effectively increase vaccination rates for those long-term care facilities that particip…
The new Connecticut Uniform Limited Liability Company Act (the “New CT LLC Act”) will be taking effect July 1, 2017. The New CT LLC Act is based on the Uniform Limited Liability Company Act adopted by the Uniform Laws Commission and replaces the Connec…
Hinckley Allen represented Propark America, a national parking services provider, and its affiliates in connection with the formation of a joint venture investment (“the joint venture”) that will seek to acquire and aggregate up to approximately $50…
Hinckley Allen represented Propark America with its acquisition and financing of Expresso Airport Parking for a total purchase price of $18.6 million. Expresso is a 14-acre off-airport parking facility located in San Leandro, California servicing the Oakla…