Hinckley Allen’s Women’s Forum is a unique program designed by women attorneys for women attorneys to foster engagement and promote success at the firm. The Forum creates a positive and supportive environment by enhancing professional development, encouraging involvement in professional and civic organizations, and supporting professional goals and leadership opportunities in a changing legal landscape.
The Women’s Forum is a platform to help the firm’s women lawyers build professional and personal relationships. Group members share information and exchange views on today’s issues impacting their lives. They are also provided access to professional development, leadership training, business development and mentorship programs.
Through participation in the Women’s Forum, our attorneys:
- Build professional and personal relationships
- Exchange views and information on today’s issues
- Attend networking events
- Participate in leadership training
- Attend formal and informal social events
- Receive mentorship, sponsorship and support
- Seek ways in which to continue to recruit diverse talent
Our most recent events include:
- Amanda Van Der Heiden, Chief Solutions Consultant & Coach at Global Talent Development Solutions LLC, was the featured speaker for a webinar on how to set yourself up for “Virtual Success in a Pandemic”. Amanda discussed four themes, how to design your day, create your space, set boundaries and expectations and communicate and cooperate with others effectively. Attendees included Hinckley Allen attorneys and their female clients in various industries.
- Dr. Barbara Tannenbaum, Ph.D, a distinguished senior Lecturer at Brown University and CEO of Dynamic Communication, joined the Women’s Forum for a luncheon to speak about empowering women in leadership. She shared her perspective and tools on how to help refine and deepen the power of communications.
of our new attorneyssince 2016 have been women
of associatesare women
Committed to the Community
The Women’s Forum also works closely with our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee to support local charitable and professional organizations.
Organizations have included:
- Crossroads Rhode Island
- Women’s Bar Foundation, Family Law Project
- International Aviation Women’s Association
- New England Women in Energy and the Environment
- Women in Public Finance
- Professional Women in Construction
- YMCA of Greater Boston
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Women’s Network
- Girls on the Run
- Lawyers Collaborative for Diversity
- Camp Courant
- Day One
- Center for Women & Enterprise
- and more.
"The Women's Forum has given me the opportunity to take on a leadership role at an early stage in my career. It is comforting to be able to speak freely in a safe environment about issues affecting women in law and actively work to address these issues."Amanda Garganese, Litigation Associate
"It’s incredibly empowering to have women from different professions and industries together to share common experiences. I appreciate Hinckley Allen supporting my participation in the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Women's Leadership Program."Libbie Howley O'Keeffe , Corporate & Business Associate
Learn about some of our attorney's recent achievements: