In a complex digital world, structuring, negotiating, and integrating systems can have a significant impact on a business’s strategic goals and ability to manage risk. Hinckley Allen attorneys have deep experience negotiating commercial contracts, software licenses, SaaS and IaaS agreements, and contracts for conventional IT and cloud-based services. Through this experience, our attorneys have developed a comprehensive understanding of industry best practices, common (and uncommon) contract provisions, and critical negotiating points among parties to such agreements.
Combining IT Knowledge with Legal, Business & Technical Insight
Hinckley Allen’s Technology Transactions & Licensing practice combines the expertise of lawyers from multiple practice areas—including corporate, intellectual property, health care, finance, and data privacy and security—to counsel clients across a variety of industries.
Our team regularly assists clients with the drafting, review, and negotiation of:
- Master service agreements and master sales agreements
- Software licenses
- Software as a Service (SaaS) agreements (including service and support agreements)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) agreements
- Cloud contracts
- Patent license agreements
- Material transfer agreements
- Consulting services agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Distribution and reseller agreements
- Branding and marketing agreements
Clients of all sizes across many industries value our Technology Transactions & Licensing team’s cross-disciplinary approach, which drives innovative strategies to achieve clients’ objectives.
- Negotiated software licenses with Microsoft, SunGuard, Oracle, and others, on behalf of a Boston-based $3+ billion revenue construction company.
- Negotiated a $100 million enterprise software license for a nationally renowned health system serving 1.9 million patients via more than 1,000 doctors across several affiliated hospitals, visiting nurse and hospice, and ambulatory care clinics and medical centers.
- Worked with a major financial institution in the negotiation and deployment of a web-based reporting system for provision of pension and benefits data to retirees.
- Assisted a major health care institution with respect to the negotiation and deployment of a cloud-based remote access tool designed to confidentially and securely manage the sharing of information between the hospital and its third-party vendors.
- Negotiated a web-hosting program with Salesforce.com on behalf of a luxury retailer.
- Advised an e-commerce platform provider regarding on-boarding payment processor services.
- Advised a regulated company in dealing with theft of protected information, including issues regarding data breach, misappropriation of trade secrets, economic espionage, and contractual issues between the company that stored the data and the company that owned the data.
- Advised a financial services company on managing and reporting a data security breach resulting from a vendor’s mismanagement of customer account data.
October 12, 2018
Hinckley Allen is pleased to welcome Jack Steele as a Partner in the firm’s Corporate & Business…
January 22, 2019
The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), is an interagency committee under the…