Alexandra is an associate in Hinckley Allen’s Construction & Public Contracts and Senior Living groups. She concentrates her practice in the areas of construction, senior living, and health care. She has obtained successful outcomes on behalf of clients in the Massachusetts and Rhode Island Superior Courts, as well as in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
Alexandra represents clients on matters ranging from general construction claims to class actions and complex Consumer Protection Act cases, including those arising out of allegations of unfair and deceptive acts under G.L. c. 93A. She has represented clients in matters involving alleged building code violations, negligent design and construction claims, alleged breach of the implied warranty of habitability, breach of contract, and products liability claims. She regularly works with clients in various industries, including sewage, commercial subcontracting, and residential construction.
Alexandra also has extensive experience working with clients to assure compliance with the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and coordinating investigation of security breaches and compliance with mandatory state and federal reporting requirements. She has worked with senior living providers, including assisted living residences, continuing care retirement communities, and nursing homes in managing control of medical information and investigation of both regulatory and malpractice-based liabilities. She obtained a defense verdict for a nursing home after a 4-week medical malpractice trial in the Massachusetts Superior Court (Middlesex County).
Alexandra has successfully represented clients in multiple jury trials in the Superior Court, as well as successfully argued numerous motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment in state and federal courts in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island. She has also drafted successful appellate briefs to both the Massachusetts Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of long-term care facility following three-week medical malpractice trial in Massachusetts Superior Court.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of automobile driver following week-long negligence and complex damages trial in Massachusetts Superior Court.
- Obtained summary judgment in negligence action against multi-national hotel chain in U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts by application of out-of-state statute of limitations. Susan Gordon v. Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc., No. 15-13289-MBB, 2017 WL 841275 (D. Mass. Mar. 3, 2017).
- Drafted successful appellate brief upholding grant of summary judgment on a negligent entrustment claim, affirmed in a full opinion.
- In issue of first impression for Rhode Island, defeated motion to dismiss and motion for summary judgment in the Business Session of the Superior Court arguing that an expired employment agreement satisfied the statute of frauds.
- Hinckley Allen
- Associate (2018-Present)
- Morrison Mahoney, LLP
- Associate (2014-2017)
- Law Clerk (2011-2014)
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Massachusetts, Rising Stars (2018-2019)
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Rhode Island
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- United States District Court, Massachusetts
- United States District Court, Rhode Island
News & Insight
A Look at Addiction, Buprenorphine, and the Legislation Trying to Make it WorkJanuary 1, 2016
The Super Lawyers has selected 38 Hinckley Allen attorneys as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.Super Lawyers, a Thomson…
Hinckley Allen Welcomes Three New Associates: Isabelle J. Cantanucci, Allen M. Even, and Alexandra A. GordonJanuary 23, 2018
Hinckley Allen is pleased to announce the addition of three new associates, all of whom bring a wide range of experiences and insights to our firm. As Hinckley Allen continues to grow across the Northeast, these associates join a dedicated team of attorney…
At the Women in Construction event, Hinckley Allen attorneys will focus on how to successfully manage a high stress, fast-paced workplace that threatens to become a 24/7 commitment. Hear the panel discuss their strategies for dealing with workplace competi…