Joseph A. Kuzneski is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Department. Joe specializes in representing sophisticated business private equity funds and venture capital funds in their most challenging transactional matters. He also counsels clients on general corporate matters, including governance and securities law compliance.
Joe’s practice focuses on complex domestic and cross-border private equity transactions, mergers & acquisitions, control and minority investments, joint ventures and strategic alliances in the United States, Europe, Latin America and Asia. In addition, he also advises companies regarding securities law issues, disclosure and compliance matters and corporate governance.
Joe has represented various companies and private equity and venture capital sponsors, including Schneider Electric, Providence Equity Partners, GTech Corporation, A.T. Cross, Newport Television, Survey Sampling International, Nextag, Madison Dearborn Capital Partners, Berkshire Partners, AXA Private Equity, Advent International, Nautic Partners, Fleet Equity Partners, Key Venture Partners and Brynwood Partners.
- Providence Equity Partners and Sterling Investment Partners in their sale of a joint venture comprised of Survey Sampling International and Opinionology to HGGC and management
- GTech Holdings Corporation in its joint venture with Scientific Games International, Inc. and an affiliate of The Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) to provide marketing and sales services to the New Jersey Lottery
- Newport Television, an owner and operator of television stations and media-related companies, in the sale of 12 television stations and its Inergize Digital Media operations to Nexstar for $285 million
- Newport Television in the sale of 12 television stations and its Inergize Digital Media operations to Nexstar for $285 million
- Newport Television in the sale of 4 television stations to Cox Media Group, a broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing, and digital media business for $235 million
- Newport Television in the sale of 6 television stations and certain programming rights to television broadcasting company Sinclair Broadcast Group for $412.5 million
- Providence Equity Partners and other stockholders in the sale of Decision Resources to Piramal Healthcare Limited for approximately $635 million
- Bresnan Communications, an owner and operator of cable systems, in connection with its merger with Cablevision Systems Corporation for approximately $1.365 billion
- Univision Communications, Inc. in connection with Grupo Television’s $1.2 billion investment in Univision
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of Clear Channel Television Group for approximately $1.2 billion
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of Decision Resources, Inc. for approximately $356 million
- GTech Holdings Corporation in its joint venture with Scientific Games International, Inc. to manage the Illinois State Lottery
- Survey Sampling International in its merger with Opinionology
- Schneider Electric in the acquisition of Applied Instruments Technologies, Inc.
- Schneider Electric in the global reorganization of its industrial software business and the subsequent merger of such business with AVEVA Group PLC
- Schneider Electric in the global reorganization of its weather and refined fuels data analytics business and the subsequent sale of such business to TBG AG
- Schneider Electric in the sale of its pneumatic and electric thermostats and controls manufacturing business to Crandall Stats & Sensors
- Schneider Electric in connection with several strategic investments in growth and early stage companies
- Hinckley Allen
- Partner (2016-Present)
- Weil Gotshal & Manges, LLP
- Edwards & Angell
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers of America® (2018-2019) Recognized for Corporate Law
- Rhode Island
News & Insight
The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), is an interagency committee under the U.S. Department of the Treasury, authorized to review certain transactions involving foreign investments in U.S. companies. They have established a new …
'Big' relative term in legal market where midsized players ruleAugust 4, 2016
Hinckley Allen is pleased to announce that Best Lawyers® has recognized 51 attorneys in the 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, including seven “Lawyers of the Year.” Only one lawyer in each specialty in each region is honored as a “La…
Noble F.Jomarie T.Robert J.James J.Leon C.John J.William W.Christine K.
Joe Kuzneski's practice specializes in representing sophisticated private equity funds, venture capital funds and corporate clients in their most challenging transactional matters. He also counsels clients on general corporate matters, including governanc…
Hinckley Allen’s Corporate & Business Practice Gains Might With New Partner, Joseph A. Kuzneski, Jr.May 12, 2016
Hinckley Allen is pleased to welcome Joseph A. Kuzneski, Jr. to the firm’s Providence office as a partner in the Corporate & Business practice group. Joe joins the firm from Weil Gotshal & Manges, LLP, where he was a co-founding member of their R…