Tom’s practice focuses on commercial real estate, commercial lending & finance, and corporate transactions related to real estate, with a spotlight in the industrial, warehousing and distribution areas. Tom works on a variety of development, acquisition, disposition, leasing, lending, financing, and condominium matters. He provides sound business and legal advice to an assortment of stakeholders, including financial institutions, real estate investment trusts, developers, retailers, quasi-governmental agencies, and other business entities. Tom also is experienced with residential real estate conveyancing and distressed real estate solutions.
Industrial, Warehousing and Distribution
- Represented a publicly traded industrial REIT in connection with the acquisition of industrial, warehousing and distribution properties throughout the United States.
- Represented a quasi-governmental agency in all aspects of development and management of over 3,200 acres of property, including a variety of manufacturing, distribution and flex properties.
- Represented a developer in the development of a mixed-use development, including over 600,000 square feet of retail space, 75,000 square feet of office space and 75 condominium units.
- Represented clients in the acquisition and development of an assortment of mixed-use projects.
Acquisition and Disposition
- Represented a developer in the acquisition of a multistate 20-plus property portfolio.
- Represented a developer in the sale of subdivided mixed-use development project.
- Represented a quasi-governmental agency in the leasing of a variety of manufacturing, distribution, office, commercial and flex spaces.
- Represented clients in the leasing of a variety of shopping center projects.
Lending and Financing
- Involved in numerous multimillion-dollar financing transactions for institutional lenders and a range of borrowers.
- Represented numerous clients in 1031 tax deferred exchanges, including forward and reverse exchanges.
- Represented a lender in foreclosure of multi-unit condominium project and subsequent management of the condominium project, including the sale of condominium units.
Residential Real Estate
- Involved in a variety of residential real estate matters, including conveyancing and title matters.
- Hinckley Allen
- Associate (2012-Present)
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Fairfield University Alumni Association
- Suffolk University Law School Alumni Association
- The Wheeler School Alumni Association
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Rhode Island
News & Insight
In recent years, many former retail spaces have been converted for other uses, such as industrial or e-commerce (i.e. fulfillment, “pick-and-pack” centers).Building Size: The landlord should consider the building’s size and condition. The landlord w…
Leah C. Rubega and Thomas W. Madonna, Jr. share five ways that Connecticut's industrial real estate can be repurposed to prosper in the ecommerce-age.
The trend of locking-in an e-commerce tenant is seemingly becoming the “it” transaction for landlords who own industrial, or even to-be-converted retail, properties. While the popularity is increasing, and many landlords think they have the "perfect" p…
Hinckley Allen attorneys Thomas W. Madonna, Jr. and Robin L. Main are contributing authors to MCLE's A Practical Guide to Land Use Law in Rhode Island: An Essential Guidance on Rhode Island Land Use. Read their respective chapters On Signage and Adult U…
With the New Year upon us, now is the time for property owners to review their real estate tax assessments to determine if a tax abatement or appeal is warranted. Hinckley Allen has successfully handled numerous tax abatements and tax appeals in Connecticu…
With November almost upon us, now is an ideal time for property owners to review their real estate tax assessments to determine if a tax abatement or appeal is warranted. Hinckley Allen has successfully handled numerous tax abatements and tax appeals in Co…
PROVIDENCE, RI: Hinckley, Allen & Snyder LLP announced that Thomas W. Madonna, Jr. has joined the firm as an associate in its real estate law group.Madonna is a 2011 graduate of Suffolk Law School. He received his Bachelor of Science from Fairfield Uni…