Timothy Zabbo is an experienced attorney handling a variety of litigation matters in both state and federal courts in Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut. Tim primarily defends professional liability matters and represents manufacturers and distributors in the defense of product liability, toxic tort and other negligence claims, including but not limited to asbestos, benzene and mold. In addition, he has been involved in numerous cases alleging negligent construction and premise liability claims.
- In a chemical exposure case against the defendant mechanical contractor, Tim convinced the trial court to exclude plaintiff’s expert affidavit in granting summary judgment because it failed to set forth the applicable standard of care, did not establish that the expert was competent to opine on the issues in the case, and consisted of nothing more than a conclusory repetition of plaintiff’s allegations.
- Hinckley Allen
- Counsel (2016-Present)
- Adler Cohen Harvey Wakeman & Guekguezian, LLP
- Attorney (2006-2016)
- Rhode Island Superior Court, Honorable O. Rogeriee Thompson
- Clerk (2005-2006)
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rhode Island, Rising Star (2013-2018)
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- It's My Heart New England, Volunteer
- Defense Counsel of Rhode Island/Defense Research Institute
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bankruptcy Court
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Rhode Island
- United State District Court, Connecticut
- United State District Court, Massachusetts
- United State District Court, Rhode Island
- Kent Hospital Emergency Department, “A Mock Trial,” December 3, 2015
- Care New England Grand Rounds, “How to Avoid Becoming a Legal Statistic,” October 23, 2014
- Lifespan Grand Rounds, “Learning By Example,” April 23, 2014.
News & Insight
David A. Wollin and Timothy M. Zabbo provide a Q&A guide to appeal from an intermediate appellate court the the court of last resort in Rhode Island. This Q&A addresses starting an appeal (as of right or by permission), obtaining a stay pending app…
Timothy M. Zabbo provides a Q&A guide to general litigation information for Rhode Island. This State Q&A covers the Rhode Island state court structure, state statutes and rules governing litigation procedure, and the attorney admissions process (in…
Ryan M. Gainor and Timothy M. Zabbo provide a Q&A guide to drafting, issuing, serving, and enforcing a discovery subpoena in a Rhode Island civil proceeding. This Q&A addresses the state statutes and rules governing discovery subpoenas, the types o…
Andrew S. Tugan and Timothy M. Zabbo provide a Q&A guide on the different ways to respond to a discovery subpoena issued in a Rhode Island civil proceeding. This Q&A addresses the requirements for complying with a discovery subpoena, objecting to a…
Mitchell R. Edwards and Timothy M. Zabbo provide a Q&A guide to responding to a complaint in a trial court of general jurisdiction in Rhode Island. This Q&A addresses the time to respond, extending the time to respond, pre-answer motions, answers,…
Timothy M. Zabbo provide a Q&A guide to commencing an action in Rhode Island. This Q&A addresses the requirements for drafting and filing initiating papers, serving process, and amending the complaint.
The Super Lawyers has selected 38 Hinckley Allen attorneys as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.Super Lawyers, a Thomson…
The Super Lawyers has selected 39 Hinckley Allen attorneys as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.Super Lawyers, a Thomson…
Hinckley Allen is pleased to welcome Timothy Zabbo to the firm’s Providence office as Counsel in the Litigation practice.Tim joins Hinckley Allen from Adler Cohen Harvey Wakeman & Guekguezian where he dealt in a variety of civil litigation matters in…