Our Product Liability & Toxic Tort Practice comprises one of the most effective and successful teams of trial attorneys in the Northeast. We are experienced in representing clients in wrongful death and toxic tort actions, as well as individual claims involving allegations of product defects or product malfunctions. We represent manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and premises defendants against all types of product and tort claims.
Prepared to represent. Open to reason.
Our renowned team litigates complex and highly technical matters that require expertise in science, medicine, and related disciplines. Clients are aided by our firm’s willingness and ability to bring a case to trial and verdict. We strive for the most efficient and cost-effective resolution. However, if we collectively determine a trial is necessary, we are prepared to pursue a case to conclusion.
We provide counsel and representation for companies confronting product liability issues in a variety of fields, including:
- Pharmaceutical products
- Lead paint products
- Catalyst products
- Asbestos products
We are experienced in defending companies against many types of claims, including:
- Design defect allegations
- Product contamination allegations
- Class actions
- We represented pharmaceutical companies in mass product liability actions involving the vaccine preservative thimerosal, DTP vaccine, polio vaccine, tetanus vaccine, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) drugs, and contact lenses and lens care products.
- We represented manufacturers of lead paint products in landmark cases involving allegations that manufacturers were liable under a public nuisance theory.
- We represented a catalyst manufacturer against claims that plaintiffs suffer from pneumoconiosis as a result of exposure to catalyst used in an oil refinery on St. Croix in the Virgin Islands.
- We have represented multiple manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors against asbestos claims, involving both product and premises liability allegations.
- We have represented manufacturers of industrial machines and wood chippers against claims of alleged design defects.
- We have experience representing manufacturers and distributors of nutritional supplements against allegations of contamination.
- We have represented retail chains against allegations they sold expired products.
Hinckley Allen represented Dynamic Tire Corporation, a distributor of various types of tires in North America, in a lawsuit filed in the United States District Court for the Central District of California where the plaintiffs alleged that certain special t…
News & Insight
U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers have recognized Hinckley Allen for the ninth consecutive year as a Best Law Firm. Hinckley Allen earned national rankings in four practice areas and regionally in 52 practice areas.Firms included in the 2019 "B…
49 attorneys from Hinckley Allen were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®.Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal…
Please click to listen to the full audio of this interview from Rhode Island Public Radio.Deepwater Wind has installed the first of five steel foundations for a wind farm that will sit three miles off the coast of Block Island. The project is expected to …