As more U.S. states join the growing movement toward legalized adult cannabis use, seasoned expertise is a must to help providers and partners navigate all aspects of doing business in this rapidly maturing industry. Our team of attorneys has the industry knowledge and deep legal expertise—across corporate, regulatory, real estate, intellectual property, tax, and other disciplines—to help cannabis companies establish and grow their businesses with confidence. With our breadth of knowledge and services, we’re also poised to provide the insight and guidance companies in other industries need to interface with businesses in the cannabis industry.
Experience counts as businesses face the complexities of the emerging cannabis industry. We tap our extensive track record of results across our corporate and real estate practice areas to provide holistic guidance on, corporate formation and capital raising, regulatory compliance, employment, intellectual property, and other issues for companies entering and growing within the cannabis marketplace. That same expertise is invaluable for companies doing business with cannabis companies, as well as companies navigating employment and other issues surrounding adult recreational and medical cannabis use. We’re here to bring guidance to every question as this unique emerging industry matures.
- Represented a service provider to a Maine medical marijuana licensee with respect to general corporate and operational matters.
- Representing the holder of cannabis licenses in multiple states on general corporate matters, including with respect to multiple significant capital raises.
- Represented the holder of a Massachusetts provisional medical license in connection with capital raising and eventual sale to a Canadian public company.
- Representing an applicant for a Rhode Island cultivation license in connection with regulatory matters.
- Representing multiple applicants for Massachusetts retail and cultivation licenses in connection with general corporate matters, including formation, capital raising, regulatory, and operational matters.
- Representing a business planning to open a holistic health center which will offer botanical medicinal products as well as products containing cannabinoids (CBD).
- Representation of cultivators/growers in connection with construction contracts for cultivation facilities, including all complex interior systems contracts.
- Representation of licensed medical marijuana facility in connection with a breach of contract and covenant not to compete.
- Representation of shareholder in dispute with other shareholders in a Massachusetts licensed cannabis company.
- Representation of a retail alternative medicinal business selling CBD products in connection with formation, financing and regulatory analysis.
- Advice to clients both within and outside of industry with respect to employment issues relating to medical and adult recreational use.
- Representation of landlords and tenants with respect to commercial real estate issues peculiar to the cannabis industry.
- Significant background in issues facing banking industry as it relates to marijuana related businesses.
- Providing guidance and advice to marijuana dispensaries and businesses selling CBD products regarding the selection and protection of business names and brand names at both the state and federal levels.
News & Insight
This month marks one year since legal adult-use marijuana sales began in Massachusetts and made the Bay State the first state on the East Coast to implement legal, recreational sales of cannabis. Since then, the Cannabis Control Commission has approved doz…
As more states consider legalizing recreational marijuana, assisted living residences (ALRs) face a unique challenge: residents that chose to use this product. Formal guidance regarding how ALRs should address a resident’s use of recreational marijuana…
2018 was a busy year for the marijuana industry in the Northeast. Vermont legalized recreational marijuana, while Massachusetts saw the opening of the Commonwealth’s first recreational marijuana stores. These developments reflect a pattern as more states…