With over 20 years of experience at both law and accounting firms, Jeff’s practice focuses on all areas of federal and state taxation, with an emphasis on domestic and international tax structuring, contractual matters, planning, corporate transactions – mergers and acquisitions, real estate, and partnership formations. He has a broad background in federal income tax law and provides tax advice in Internal Revenue Service and state tax controversy matters, drawing on his experience as an IRS District Counsel.
Jeff represents clients on both the buy-side and sell-side in several hundred taxable and tax-free transactions ranging from $5 million to $6 billion. Within the real estate industry, his experience includes joint ventures and fund formation, supporting multiple property types including hospitality, homebuilders, military housing, and multi-family.
- Partner (2019-Present)
- Associate (2003-2005)
- Partner (2011-2015, 2016-2019)
- Tax Transaction Adviser (2015-2016)
- Associate (2005-2011)
- Former Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- United States District Court, Eastern Wisconsin
- United States Tax Court, Massachusetts
March 8, 2019
Hinckley Allen is pleased to welcome Jeff Groshek as Partner to the Firm’s Tax Group. Jeff is a seasoned…