Today’s industrial real estate sector, which includes warehouses, distribution centers, fulfillment centers, flex spaces, and other industrial buildings with storage facilities is experiencing foundational shifts. Economic factors, tenant need, last-mile delivery, customer returns, and rapid technology evolution are reshaping demand for, and design of, warehouse space and industrial buildings. The focus is on innovation, developing smarter facilities, and improving the efficiency of and/or repurposing existing properties.
Regarded as a leader in the field, Hinckley Allen’s nationally recognized real estate team provides comprehensive guidance to clients regarding warehousing, logistics, and industrial properties. We assist our clients at every stage, from property acquisition through financing, development, leasing, and operations.
Members of our team have significant experience in negotiating and drafting build-to-suit leases for both owners and tenant/operators and represent a number of REITs on their investments in warehouse and industrial properties. We also represent real estate developers in connection with acquiring and developing data centers, fulfillment centers, and other specialty logistics properties.
Comprehensive Guidance with a 360-Degree Perspective
Serving clients throughout New England and across the nation, we pride ourselves on handling complex transactions, devising innovative solutions and delivering service on time and on budget. Our focus areas include; e-commerce, construction issues, environmental matters, finance, governmental incentives, land acquisition, leasing, zoning, land use and land development approvals, tax, and tax abatements.
We provide corporate counsel to numerous distribution companies and have significant experience negotiating distribution agreements with national and international suppliers. Our lawyers also provide regulatory, liability, insurance risk and protection guidance, as well as advise on legal issues that arise in managing the flow of goods and information and the use of technology.
Because we represent property owners, developers, corporations, insurers, landlords and tenants, lenders and borrowers, we understand the needs and priorities of each of the parties, a perspective that helps us get deals done.
- Representing a publicly traded e-commerce home furnishing company with build-to-suit fulfillment center leasing.
- Representing a large, privately-owned plant propagation company in connection with the leasing of warehouse space for research and development of hemp plant production.
- Represent a publicly traded industrial REIT in connection with the acquisition of warehouse properties throughout the U.S.
- Represented a Massachusetts based real estate investment company in connection with the acquisition of several distribution centers throughout the country.
- Represented a national, privately owned wholesale grocer in connection with a build-to-suit lease of a refrigerated distribution center in Texas.
- Represent an established real estate company in acquiring, financing, and developing distribution centers, data centers and fulfillment centers for an international e-commerce company.
- Representation of a New Hampshire based warehouse logistics company.
- Representation of national appliance store chain in warehouse leases throughout the country.
- Represented a large Swedish entity in the remediation, reuse, and disposition of legacy manufacturing facilities.
- Represent a national independent commercial real estate investment and management firm in connection with their asset and property management, acquisition, redevelopment and leasing of retail, industrial, and mixed-use residential properties in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island.
- Representing several prefabricators and modular builders in connection with the ownership, leasing and management of industrial and warehouse space.
News & Insight
The Industrial Distribution & Logistics market is consistently changing. See how our team drove business value for our clients in 2021, and learn more about how our team can assist you.
See how we created on-time, on-budget strategies and results for our clients across a variety of real estate needs.
This article was featured in New England Real Estate Journal on June 11, 2021.Overall, the industrial, distribution and logistics real estate market is as popular as ever, and many believe that it will only get more competitive in the near future.With the …
This article was featured in the New England Real Estate Journal on December 18, 2020. To view the article, please click here.The continued decline of big box retailers, particularly in the wake of COVID-19, has left large spaces in malls and shopping plaz…
Hinckley Allen represented Eastern Real Estate, a well-known Boston based real estate investment company, in connection with the acquisition and financing of a 50,000 square foot, fully leased industrial and manufacturing property in the suburban Boston co…
In recent years, many former retail spaces have been converted for other uses, such as industrial or e-commerce (i.e. fulfillment, “pick-and-pack” centers).Building Size: The landlord should consider the building’s size and condition. The landlord w…
The trend of locking-in an e-commerce tenant is seemingly becoming the “it” transaction for landlords who own industrial, or even to-be-converted retail, properties. While the popularity is increasing, and many landlords think they have the "perfect" p…