Marc’s practice involves all aspects of commercial real estate, including development, lending, leasing, acquisitions and sales. He has represented developers, institutional property owners and lenders in the acquisition, disposition and financing of office, industrial, research and development, and multi-family properties, and both landlords and tenants in a variety of commercial leasing transactions.
Prior to practicing law, Marc served as an officer in the United States Navy.
- Represents The Kraft Group in connection with all leasing work related to Patriot Place in Foxborough, Mass.
- $150 million sale of office building and adjoining parcels in Cambridge, Mass., including a 1031 tax free exchange.
- Represented government appointed contractor in a multi-use redevelopment project, involving the acquisition, financing, subdivision, sale and development of a blighted area located in Malden, Medford and Everett, Mass.
- Numerous project finance transactions, including a $1.08 billion financing of a 550-megawatt, natural gas-fired, combined cycle electric generation project in New York City, a $225 million financing of an ethanol production facility in Clearfield, Pa., and a $125 million financing of a geothermal plant and transmission line in Nevada and California.
- Numerous multimillion-dollar financing transactions for institutional lenders, handling all aspects of multistate real estate collateral.
- Negotiated numerous commercial leases, including large retail and restaurant leases in the Seaport Area of South Boston, Mass., including an office lease for a major financial institution for more than 100,000 square feet of space with a $2.5 million build-out.
- Hinckley Allen
- Chair, Retail
- Partner (2014-Present)
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Counsel (2004-2014)
- Boston University School of Law
- Adjunct Professor (Fall 2012-Spring 2015)
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America® (2020-2021) Recognized for Real Estate Law
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2009, 2011-2012)
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Methuen Community Development Board (March 2015-May 2018)
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
News & Insight
What was the most difficult part of working during the pandemic of 2020? Personally, the most difficult part of working during the pandemic is a certain diminished sense of camaraderie and collaboration among colleagues. Although technology, such as Webex …
Retailers who can quickly realign their business models to adapt to the restrictions placed on their operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic will be the ones that best weather this unprecedented storm. In many jurisdictions, restrictions are loosening on a…
There are a wide array of reasons why shopping center owners may want to split up their shopping centers, from reducing ownership exposure in local markets, to adding value by creating new parcels for development, to increasing marketability by accessing d…
A typical retail lease often provides for percentage rent, in which one aspect of rental payments is based upon a percentage of gross sales made from the premises. In calculating percentage rent, a landlord needs to account for the ever-increasing revenue …
The TOUSA Decision - A Lender's Nightmare?October 1, 2010
Hinckley Allen is pleased to announce that Best Lawyers® has recognized 59 attorneys in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, including 12 “Lawyers of the Year.” Best Lawyers® has also recognized 10 Hinckley Allen attorneys in their inau…
Only one lawyer in each specialty in each region is honored as a “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers®. Since its first publication in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers compi…
Marc A. Angelone has joined Hinckley Allen as a partner in the firm's Real Estate practice group in Boston.Marc's practice involves all aspects of commercial real estate, including development, lending, leasing, acquisitions and sales. He has represented d…
Development counsel for the Tuscan Village Project which involves the redevelopment of the former 120 acre Rockingham Park Racetrack into one of New England’s premier “live, work, stay, play” projects. Tuscan Village is a 2.8M SF mixed-use destinati…
Rock Row is an experiential mixed-use development thoughtfully designed to fuse the newest building innovations and open green-spaces with its iconic natural features. Through careful planning, Rock Row combines healthy urban living, destination retail, mo…
Client, Global Property Development Corporation is developing a lifestyle and entertainment destination in Amesbury, MA. Maples Crossing, set to become a premiere lifestyle and entertainment complex, will consist of 410,000 SF across three buildings, with …
Marc A. Angelone will explore some of the common pitfalls in splitting existing centers and steps that can be taken to maximize the marketability of newly created parcels. Particular focus will be paid to obstacles in existing leases and approaches for obt…
Hinckley Allen partner Marc Angelone presents as a panelist as part of the Boston Bar Association's (BBA) Continuing Legal Education (CLE) "Commercial Leasing 201 - Specific Consideration in Office, Retail, Industrial and Lab Leasing." This CLE is designed…