Back to Case Studies
Development counsel for the Tuscan Village Project which involves the redevelopment of the former 120 acre Rockingham Park Racetrack into one of New England’s premier “live, work, stay, play” projects.
- Tuscan Village is a 2.8M SF mixed-use destination, situated at Exit 1 off I-93 just 30 minutes from downtown Boston.
- 170 acres of mixed use programming
- 800,000SF of “best in class” retail
- 1 million SF of Class A office space
- 900 residential units (for lease and for sale)
- High energy entertainment district
- World renowned medical services facility
- Two hotels
- With a six acre lake as its focal feature
Legal Services include:
- Strategic advice on the Project structure allowing for the phased development of a fully integrated, master-planned project with the opportunity for separate financing on a phase-by-phase basis.
- Negotiation of the master development agreement for the Project with the Town of Salem, NH, which allows for project mitigation and Developer contributions on a phase-by-phase basis
- Representation of the developer in connection with the assemblage and acquisition of the project development site and the subsequent sale of phase 1 to four separate end users, subject to a master REA.
- Ongoing representation of the developer in connection with leasing, regulatory, tax and other projected related legal issues.