Ryan is an Associate with Hinckley Allen’s Litigation group. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and intellectual property disputes. Ryan is experienced in all phases of litigation including pre-litigation dispute resolution, motion practice, summary judgment, mediation, trial and appeals. He practices in state and federal courts.
Recent representative works include:
- Obtaining summary judgment for a client accused of misappropriating trade secrets by a former business associate.
- Obtaining a jury verdict on behalf of a client in a dispute with a former business partner.
- Obtaining summary judgment for government agency in dispute concerning land use regulations.
- Hinckley Allen
- Associate (2015-Present)
- Hon. William E. Smith, Chief U.S. District Judge, District of Rhode Island
- Law Clerk (2013-2015)
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP & Affiliates
- Associate (2011-2013)
- Summer Associate (2010)
- Hon. Jack B. Weinstein, Senior U.S. District Judge, Eastern District of New York
- Legal Intern (2011)
- United States Attorney's office, Eastern District of New York
- Legal Intern (2010)
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rhode Island, Rising Stars (2016-2018)
- United States District Court, District of Rhode Island - Local Rules Committee
- New York
- Rhode Island
- United States District Court, District of Rhode Island
News & Insight
Ryan M. Gainor and Timothy M. Zabbo provide a Q&A guide to drafting, issuing, serving, and enforcing a discovery subpoena in a Rhode Island civil proceeding. This Q&A addresses the state statutes and rules governing discovery subpoenas, the types o…
The Super Lawyers has selected 38 Hinckley Allen attorneys as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.Super Lawyers, a Thomson…
The Super Lawyers has selected 39 Hinckley Allen attorneys as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.Super Lawyers, a Thomson…
Super Lawyers recently selected the 2016 Rising Stars in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island, recognizing 8 Hinckley Allen attorneys.Rebecca F. Briggs practices in all areas of litigation with a concentration on complex commercial litigation, gover…
Hinckley Allen is proud to welcome a new attorney to its Providence office. Ryan M. Gainer has joined the firm as a member of the litigation practice group.Ryan most recently worked as a Law Clerk for the Honorable William E. Smith, Chief U.S. District Jud…