Hinckley Allen Guides Major Urban Mixed-Use Redevelopment: Arsenal Yards
John R. Pariseault, David J. Tracy, Margaret D. Farrell, Jessica Y. Wang
Hinckley Allen provided strategic counsel to Boylston Properties and The Wilder Companies, who recently secured the equity funding and construction loan necessary to begin construction of New England’s premier urban mixed-use redevelopment project. Arsenal Yards, located in Watertown, MA, is a cutting-edge redevelopment of an existing enclosed mall. Once completed, the property will boast 250,000 square feet of retail and restaurants, 200,000 square feet of office space, a 150-room hotel, and 425 apartments and condos.
An interdisciplinary team of Hinckley Allen attorneys successfully guided this massive project, including:
- Structuring a condominium regime that allows distinct aspects of the project to be operated as a cohesive development
- Negotiating and closing a joint venture with an equity partner who contributed $109M
- Closing a $222M construction loan
- Negotiating and drafting key leases with national and regional retailers
- Counseling the client on complicated tax issues
- Negotiating and drafting construction contracts
Led by John R. Pariseault, a Partner in the Real Estate Practice Group, Hinckley Allen provided seamless coordination across a broad range of sophisticated real estate, corporate, tax, finance, and construction matters to deliver a great result for our client. We look forward to continuing to contribute to the success of this project.
To learn more about Hinckley Allen’s Real Estate work, please click here.
To learn more about the Arsenal Yards project, please click here.