In evaluating real estate opportunities in hotel & hospitality, it pays to have experienced legal counsel in your corner. The implications of the decisions you make in these transactions have far-reaching consequences. Hinckley Allen has an extensive track record in working on the development, acquisition, sale, and financing of hotel & hospitality projects. Our attorneys understand what it takes to achieve your goals. We have successfully represented owners, investors, developers, and lenders in a wide variety of projects and transactions.
A perfect match of expertise and resources.
With decades of experience, our team works together to achieve optimal outcomes. With partners supervising our seasoned associates and paralegals, we pair the tasks of your transactions with the appropriate people, improving your value equation.
We assist in documenting the financing of hotel and resort properties, from initial construction and development contracts to permanent and mezzanine-financing structures. We provide a variety of services, including:
- Convention and conference centers
- Resorts and mixed-use residential developments
- Golf courses
- Marina facilities
- Sports venues
We negotiate agreements and draft documentation for hotel & hospitality transactions and operational issues:
- Labor and employment issues
- WIFI and internet agreements
- Franchise agreements
- Purchase or sale of individual or portfolios of hotel and resort properties
- Liquor, restaurant, hotel, and other licensing requirements
- Joint venture and partnership agreements
- Management agreements
New Hotel for Patriot Place
In March of 2015, we finalized the documentation for the construction of a brand new hotel at Patriot Place in Foxborough, Massachusetts. The new Hilton Garden Inn will be a four-story, first-class hotel, which will contain 136 guest rooms and suites, a lounge/bar area, a meeting space, and related amenities and improvements. The deal also involved the negotiations of all lease terminations, amendments, and relocations for all existing tenants of the building that was demolished in order to make room for the new construction, as well as the coordination of a simultaneous negotiation of a significant amendment to the lease of the existing Renaissance Hotel and Spa. The new hotel is slated to open at the end of 2016.
Other Notable Experiences:
- Representation of Southworth Development in connection with the development of Meredith Bay, a four-season, waterfront resort community located on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire.
- Representation of the lender for the financing of Wauwinet and White Elephant hotels on Nantucket.
- Representation of the lender for the financing of the Radisson Hotel in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Representation of the lender for the financing of Liberty National Golf Club in New Jersey.
- Representation of the lender for the financing of the Hermitage Club, a 1,400 acre private resort community at Haystack Mountain Ski Area in Vermont.
- Representation of the sellers of the Mount Washington Hotel and the Bretton Woods Ski Area to CNL Lifestyle Properties Inc. and Celebration Associates.