Jared is an Associate in the corporate group. He advises businesses on a wide variety of matters, including governance, entity choice and formation, commercial real estate issues, mergers and acquisitions, and related transactions. In addition to his work in the Corporate group, Jared is also a member of the firm’s Health Care practice. In this capacity, he advises medical providers on transactional matters and advises medical clients on certain regulatory issues.
While in law school, Jared served as a summer intern to the Pro Se Law Clerk for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts, received a Fellowship from Equal Justice America to serve as an intern in the Elder, Health, and Disability Unit of Greater Boston Legal Services, and participated in the law school’s Health Law Externship Program as an intern to the General Counsel of the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
In addition to serving as a student representative on various committees while in law school, Jared served as President of the Boston University School of Law Student Government Association during his final year.
Prior to attending law school, Jared worked in the field of elder care administration and operations at an Assisted Living and Specialized Care Residence in the Greater Boston area.
- Associate (2018-Present)
McLane Middleton, Professional Association
- Associate (2017-2018)
Cohen and Wolf, P.C.
- Associate (2014-2017)
- Summer Associate (2013)
Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs
- General Counsel Intern (2013)
Greater Boston Legal Services
- Elder Law Unit Legal Intern (2012)
Admiral's Hill Assisted Living
- Assistant Administrator (2009-2011)
Honors & Awards
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, Excellence in the Law "Up & Coming Lawyer" (2019)
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Anti-Defamation League New England, Civil Rights Committee
- Boston Bar Foundation, Junior Fellow
- Camp Bauercrest, Board of Directors
- Nurse Practitioner Associates for Continuing Education, Board Member
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Boston Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Practical Skills Committee Member; Society of Fellows; Public Interest Leadership Program (Class of 2018-2019)
- Boston University School of Law Young Alumni Council
- President (2019)
- Student-Alumni Relations Committee Chair (2017-2018)
- Boston Young Healthcare Professionals, Executive Board Member (2017-2018)
March 21, 2019
Hinckley Allen is proud to announce that Jared L. Shwartz has been selected to receive the Excellence…
February 22, 2018
Hinckley Allen is pleased to welcome two associates to its Corporate & Business practice, Rebeccah…
September 26, 2018
As the opioid crisis deepens—with more than two million Americans said to be dependent on prescription…
July 2, 2018
This article originally appeared on STAT on July 2, 2018. The term “HIPAA violation” can…
September 11, 2018
Anne M. Murphy and Jared L. Shwartz will speak on a webinar providing insight into integrated senior…
June 18, 2018
Associate Jared Shwartz will speak at the Boston Bar Association's "Strategies for Success" - an annual…