Kris is involved in all aspects of public finance, including the structuring and facilitating of a variety of tax-exempt bond transactions. She serves as bond counsel, borrower’s counsel, underwriter’s counsel, bank counsel, issuer’s counsel, bond insurer counsel and in other capacities. Much of her public finance work focuses on debt issuances to support 501(c)(3) organizations, such as public and private colleges and universities, secondary schools, hospitals, health care systems, cultural institutions such as museums, and other charitable organizations. In addition, she represents governmental issuers in connection with large scale projects to enhance airport, water, sewer and other public facilities. Kris represents The Commonwealth of Massachusetts in connection with its infrastructure development program (I Cubed). She works with financially distressed borrowers and manages work out situations with creditors. Kris is the Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees of the ALS Association, Massachusetts Chapter.
- Serves as bond and agency counsel to the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency with respect to hundreds of tax-exempt and taxable bond transactions, including design and management of MassDevelopment’s daily, weekly and commercial paper pool loan programs and MassDevelopment’s lease program.
- Serves as special counsel to The Commonwealth of Massachusetts in connection the I-Cubed program (Commonwealth Infrastructure Development Assistance).
- Served as South Shore Tri-Town Development Corporation’s first and only bond counsel, including with in connection with the initial financing for the redevelopment of the former South Weymouth Naval Air Station in the towns of Abington, Rockland and Weymouth, Massachusetts.
- Serves as disclosure counsel to the Massachusetts Port Authority.
- Served as disclosure counsel and counsel to underwriters for the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority.
- Represents credit providers – bond insurers and banks – in connection with distressed borrowers’ working capital needs and bond defaults.
- Well-versed in the issuance of tax credit bonds, taxable century bonds and complicated security structures, including Master Trust Indentures, Intercreditor Agreements, Mortgages and other security agreements.
- Structured complex refunding transactions for a number of small and large institutions, including, Harvard University, Brown University, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Tufts University, UMass Memorial Health Care and Williams College.
- Structured complex documentation for 501(c)(3) and industrial development bond clients involving letters of credit, bond insurance and multi-modal, auction and fixed rate financings.
- Partner (2015-Present)
Locke Lord LLP/Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP/Palmer & Dodge LLP
- Partner (2006-2015)
- Associate (1997-2005)
Mirick, O'Connell, DeMallie & Lougee, LLP
- Associate (1996-1997)
- ALS Association, Massachusetts Chapter, Board of Trustees Chair
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Boston Women in Public Finance, Board Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Member
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- United States District Court, Massachusetts
- “Concepts Around Reimbursement & Internal Projects Costs” Panel Presenter & Speaker
Treasury Institute for Higher Education Tax Exempt Bond Compliance Workshop
- Underwriter’s Counsel Roundtable, Views and Perspectives Panelist
National Association of Bond Lawyers Bond Attorneys Workshop
May 7, 2015
Two prominent local attorneys, Antonio Martini and Kris Moussette, have joined Hinckley Allen’s Boston…
August 28, 2018
On August 15, 2018, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) finalized and adopted amendments to…
December 4, 2017
On December 2, 2017, the United States Senate approved its version of the bill entitled the “Tax Cuts…