Kris is involved in all aspects of public finance, including the structuring and facilitating of a variety of tax-exempt bond transactions. She serves as bond counsel, borrower’s counsel, underwriter’s counsel, bank counsel, issuer’s counsel and in other capacities. Much of her public finance work focuses on debt issuances to support 501(c)(3) organizations, such as public and private colleges and universities, secondary schools, hospitals, health care systems, cultural institutions such as museums, and other charitable organizations. In addition, she represents governmental issuers in connection with large scale projects to enhance airport, water, sewer and other public facilities. Kris represents The Commonwealth of Massachusetts in connection with its infrastructure development program (I Cubed). She is involved in general corporate governance for many of her clients. Kris is the Chair of the Board of Trustees of the ALS Association, Massachusetts Chapter.
- Serves as bond and agency counsel to the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency with respect to hundreds of tax-exempt and taxable bond transactions, including design and management of MassDevelopment’s daily, weekly and commercial paper pool loan programs and MassDevelopment’s lease program.
- Serves as special counsel to The Commonwealth of Massachusetts in connection the I-Cubed program (Commonwealth Infrastructure Development Assistance).
- Served as South Shore Tri-Town Development Corporation’s first and only bond counsel, including with in connection with the initial financing for the redevelopment of the former South Weymouth Naval Air Station in the towns of Abington, Rockland and Weymouth, Massachusetts.
- Serves as disclosure counsel to the Massachusetts Port Authority.
- Served as disclosure counsel and counsel to underwriters for the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority.
- Represents credit providers – bond insurers and banks – in connection with distressed borrowers’ working capital needs and bond defaults.
- Well-versed in the issuance of tax credit bonds, taxable century bonds and complicated security structures, including Master Trust Indentures, Intercreditor Agreements, Mortgages and other security agreements.
- Structured complex refunding transactions for a number of small and large institutions, including, Harvard University, Brown University, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Tufts University, UMass Memorial Health Care and Williams College.
- Structured complex documentation for 501(c)(3) and industrial development bond clients involving letters of credit, bond insurance and multi-modal, auction and fixed rate financings.
- Hinckley Allen
- Partner (2015-Present)
- Locke Lord LLP/Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP/Palmer & Dodge LLP
- Partner (2006-2015)
- Associate (1997-2005)
- Mirick, O'Connell, DeMallie & Lougee, LLP
- Associate (1996-1997)
- ALS Association, Massachusetts Chapter, Board of Trustees Chair
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Boston Women in Public Finance, Board Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Member
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- United States District Court, Massachusetts
- “Concepts Around Reimbursement & Internal Projects Costs” Panel Presenter & Speaker
Treasury Institute for Higher Education Tax Exempt Bond Compliance Workshop
- Underwriter’s Counsel Roundtable, Views and Perspectives Panelist
National Association of Bond Lawyers Bond Attorneys Workshop
News & Insight
On August 15, 2018, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) finalized and adopted amendments to Rule 15c2-12 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (Rule 15c2-12), which proscribes certain notice requirements pertaining to obligations of state and loc…
On December 2, 2017, the United States Senate approved its version of the bill entitled the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act”. Although the Senate bill is aligned with the version of the Act approved by the House of Representatives on November 16, 2017 with re…
Senate Version of Tax Bill Would Terminate Tax-Exempt Advance Refunding Bonds, Preserve Private Activity BondsNovember 10, 2017
On November 9, 2017, the Congressional Joint Committee on Taxation released a detailed report on the provisions in the Senate version of the bill entitled the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act”. The Senate bill, like the House version of the bill released on No…
On November 2, 2017, Republicans in the House of Representatives released a bill entitled the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” that would make the most thoroughgoing revisions to the federal tax laws in more than a generation. At the top level, this bill woul…
Hinckley Allen Expands Public Finance Practice with New Partners, Antonio Martini and Kris MoussetteMay 7, 2015
Two prominent local attorneys, Antonio Martini and Kris Moussette, have joined Hinckley Allen’s Boston office as partners in the firm’s growing Public Finance practice. Both attorneys are joining Hinckley Allen from Locke Lord LLP in Boston.“Tony and…