Mike is the Chair of the firm’s Business Aviation Group and specializes in the areas of aviation, commercial and real estate finance, serving as legal adviser to institutional lenders and borrowers in senior and subordinated debt financing and equipment leasing transactions. He also represents large financial institutions that provide trustee and agency services in secured and unsecured financing transactions, with a concentration on domestic and international project finance, corporate and municipal debt, mergers and acquisitions, and asset-backed securitizations.
Mike also has significant experience representing companies throughout their corporate life-cycle and often serves as outside general counsel to his clients in a variety of industries. His experience includes pre-incorporation planning, general corporate representation and counseling, venture capital financing transactions, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Representation of U.S. financial institutions in connection with numerous asset based loan transactions and loans secured by commercial real estate.
- Representation of growing technology companies in numerous private placement transactions.
- Representation of aircraft lender in connection with purchase money financing of numerous corporate aircrafts both domestically and internationally, including United Arab Emirates and the Isle of Man.
- Representation of Swiss-entity in connection with the acquisition and financing of a fleet of corporate aircrafts.
- Representation of entities and high net-worth individuals in connection with the purchase, sale and financing of corporate aircrafts.
- Representation of U.S. financial institutions in connection with credit facilities secured by aircrafts and pledged securities.
- Representation of national pharmacy in sale of its membership interests to private equity firm.
- Representation of consulting company in sale of its membership interests to a publically traded global business process outsourcing company.
- Representation of numerous creditors in preference actions and other bankruptcy and insolvency related matters.
- Representation of alcoholic beverage distributors in connection with federal and state licensing matters.
- Served as counsel to three large financial institutions in connection with the sale of over $60 billion in mortgage servicing rights from Aurora Loan Services LLC, a subsidiary of Lehman Brothers, to Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- Served as counsel to two large financial institutions in connection with a resignation and appointment of a successor indenture trustee and a successor Delaware trustee on multiple Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns and Merrill Lynch residential mortgage-backed securitization programs.
- Advised the corporate trust business of a large financial institution on administrative and other compliance matters relating to a change in rating status, including obtaining rating agency confirmations in connection therewith.
- Served as counsel to two large financial institutions in connection with their claims against Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc. arising from breaches relating to various residential mortgaged-backed securitization transactions and participated in the mediation of such claims.
- Hinckley Allen
- Chair, Business Aviation
- Partner (2018-Present)
- Associate (2009-2017)
- Summer Associate (2008)
- D'Ambrosio Law Offices
- Law Clerk (2007)
- Tentindo, Kendall, Canniff, & Keefe, LLP
- Paralegal (2004, 2006-2007)
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Massachusetts, Rising Stars (2016-2019)
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- The Theatre Offensive, Board member (Present)
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts, 2009
- Rhode Island, 2009
- United States District Court of Massachusetts, 2010
News & Insight
This week we kick off our annual Summer Associate program. Each year, this program provides law students with an opportunity to learn first-hand about working in a law firm. In my role as Assignment Coordinator, it’s my job to provide them with the found…
A Century of Workers' Compensation Law: Influential Massachusetts Workers Compensation CasesMay 1, 2009
Private School Tuition at the Public’s Expense: A Disabled Student’s Right to a Free Appropriate Public EducationJanuary 1, 2009
The Super Lawyers has selected 38 Hinckley Allen attorneys as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.Super Lawyers, a Thomson…
Hinckley Allen today announced that the following attorneys have been elevated to Partner: John L. Arnold, Christopher V. Fenlon, David S. Hirsch, Seth M. Pasakarnis, Nathan R. Sabourin, and Michael J. Tentindo. These attorneys assumed their new positions …
The Super Lawyers has selected 39 Hinckley Allen attorneys as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.Super Lawyers, a Thomson…
Super Lawyers recently selected the 2016 Rising Stars in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island, recognizing 8 Hinckley Allen attorneys.Rebecca F. Briggs practices in all areas of litigation with a concentration on complex commercial litigation, gover…
VistaJet, the world's luxury aviation company, has placed a firm order for 56 new Bombardier Global aircraft, with 86 further options. With a list price value of more than $7.8 billion, this is the single largest transaction placed with any aircraft manufa…
Hinckley Allen recently represented Onesource Water, LLC, in its acquisition of Pure Water Tech in Texas, Gray & Creech in North Carolina and West Coast Pure Water in Nevada. Terms of these transactions were not disclosed.Onesource Water, offers a co…
BISNOW: "Among the crowd of 200 at The Black Rose Pub Thursday, we snapped Bisnow Schmooze event sponsor Hinckley Allen Snyder’s David Connolly engaged in pre-pre-pre St. Pat’s Day revelry with Consigli’s Vance Freymann and Hinckley colleague John So…