Todd is an experienced corporate attorney focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, securities and other corporate and commercial transactions. He represents companies in all stages of business, including emerging and developing companies, established private middle-market companies, and publicly held companies. Todd regularly serves as counsel for companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and recapitalizations, including asset and stock sales, for both buyer and seller entities. He also represents clients involved in both capital- and asset-based investment and financing transactions, and regularly drafts and negotiates both customary and novel corporate and commercial agreements for clients of the firm. Todd is a dedicated deal lawyer and a tireless advocate for his clients. He takes great pride in his ability to counsel and advise clients through all stages of complex transactional matters, including the ability to find pragmatic solutions to difficult legal problems. In addition, Todd has significant corporate governance experience, and serves as counsel to the Board of Directors of a number of the firm’s clients, advising on both legal risks and strategic opportunities.
Representative Transactions and Engagements
Health Care and BioScience
- Represented publicly-traded drug development and discovery company in sale of a manufacturing sub-division to a strategic acquirer.
- Represented the shareholders of a national medical laboratory providing drug monitoring services in a sale to a private equity firm focused on health care transactions.
- Represented the shareholders of a national network of opioid treatment centers in an equity sale to a U.S. public healthcare company.
- Represented the shareholders of a leading genetic testing development company in an equity sale to a U.S. public company.
- Acted as outside counsel for the first for profit subsidiary of a major regional pediatric hospital, engaged in pediatric genomic medicine and genetic testing.
- Acted as outside counsel to a regional blood banking, blood services and blood-testing laboratory business in its merger with a national blood banking and laboratory conglomerate.
- Acted as outside counsel to a biosciences company engaged in all-optical electrophysiology technology and related neuronal mapping, drug discovery and screening capacities.
- Acted as outside counsel to various skilled nursing and assisted living facilities and networks in a number of acquisition transactions.
- Represented the members of a predictive analytics software company in an equity sale to an Irish public company.
- Acted as outside general counsel to mariculture research and processing technology company, utilizing loop cord media and mussel technology for wastewater treatment applications, in a buyout transaction with former shareholders.
Debt and Equity Financing
- Act as primary outside general counsel for mezzanine credit and private equity investment firm concentrated in emerging growth companies, including the documentation of debt and equity financing documents to borrowers/targets in a number of industries, including technology, data center, medical transportation, software services and solar energy projects.
- Represented the shareholders of a national foreign exchange services company in its sale to a private-equity owned strategic acquirer in the United Kingdom.
- Act as outside counsel to hedge fund in connection with preparation and negotiation of corporate agreements.
- Acted as outside counsel to the first offshore wind farm company in the United States in connection with the project financing for its 5-turbine test project off of the coast of Rhode Island.
- Represented shareholders of independent foodservice and distribution company in asset purchase transaction with national publicly-traded foodservice and supply chain company.
- Acted as outside counsel to sellers of national electrical parts distribution company to U.S. subsidiary of French publicly-held corporation.
- Act as outside general counsel to manufacturer of high-performance polymeric solutions, for use in building products, commercial graphic and engineered membrane applications.
- Act as outside counsel to textile company engaged in production of uniform and related products for use by the United States military.
- Act as corporate counsel to manufacturer of commercial fittings and coupling products for use in the electrical parts industry.
Supply Chain, Procurement and Distribution
- Act as Board Counsel to supply chain company providing exclusive procurement and distribution services to national quick service restaurant brand and its franchisees.
Consulting and Professional Services
- Act as outside general counsel to industry-leading consulting firm engaged in telecommunications, data services and media transaction consulting projects for private equity and investment firms.
- Acted as counsel to professional services firm in its merger with area competitor firm.
- Acted as outside counsel in the restructuring and recapitalization of a network of family entertainment and dining locations.
- Hinckley Allen
- Lateral Hiring Partner (2018-Present)
- Partner (2007-Present)
- Associate (2004-2006)
- Bowditch & Dewey, LLP
- Corporate Associate (1999-2004)
- EMC Corporation
- Law Clerk (1998)
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers (2017-2019) Recognized for Corporate Law
- Martindale-Hubbell®, Distinguished Peer Rating for High Professional Achievement
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce, Chairman Ex-Officio (2012-Present), Chairman of the Board (2009-2012), First Vice Chair of the Board (2008-2009), Board of Directors (2007-2009)
- Town of Mendon-Economic Development Committee Member (May 2019-Present)
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Worcester County Bar Association
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
News & Insight
Hinckley Allen is pleased to announce that Best Lawyers® has recognized 51 attorneys in the 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, including seven “Lawyers of the Year.” Only one lawyer in each specialty in each region is honored as a “La…
Noble F.Jomarie T.Robert J.James J.Leon C.John J.William W.Christine K.
Hinckley Allen represented Propark America, a national parking services provider, and its affiliates in connection with the formation of a joint venture investment (“the joint venture”) that will seek to acquire and aggregate up to approximately $50…
Hinckley Allen represented Propark America with its acquisition and financing of Expresso Airport Parking for a total purchase price of $18.6 million. Expresso is a 14-acre off-airport parking facility located in San Leandro, California servicing the Oakla…
This program will provide an overview of negotiating and drafting letters of intent ("LOI"). Our presentation will cover the purpose of letters of intent, legal rights created thereunder, and the consequences of breaching LOIs. Does an LOI constitute an e…