Banking & Financial Services
- Represented national distributor of prepaid cards in landmark federal preemption case and in distribution and branding of various prepaid cards.
- Negotiated joint venture agreements for development of affinity marketing programs for credit cards, insurance, rewards programs, and other identifiable groups.
- Created a national consumer finance program for a manufacturer of recreational vehicles and other consumer products, including developing documents for use in 50 states and managing the licensing process.
- Designed streamlined cash management documentation, later adopted widely throughout the industry.
- Represented state-chartered bank in FDIC investigation of alleged age discrimination in underwriting practices.
- Developed online banking documentation and procedures for various financial institutions.
- Developed mobile banking documentation and procedures for various financial institutions.
- Negotiated agreements for bill payment, foreign exchange, and other funds transfer services by and among banks, their correspondents, and their customers.
- Negotiated credit card and loan correspondent relationships.
- Represented various financial service providers in licensing, examination, and other proceedings with the Massachusetts Division of Banks.
Privacy & Data Security
- Developed Written Information Security Programs (WISPs) for a variety of business entities to comply with the requirements of Massachusetts General Laws ch. 93H and related Attorney General regulations.
- Assisted financial institutions with development and implementation of privacy policies.
- Represented business entities in responding to breach of data security, including developing strategies for identifying affected individuals and drafting communications with government officials and affected individuals.
Corporate & Technology
- Negotiated electronic distribution and digital publishing agreements, including digital rights management strategy, on behalf of audio book publisher.
- Negotiated agreements on behalf of European developer of satellite radio service for design and manufacture of radio units; microchip development; conditional access system; vehicle installation; and other matters.
- Negotiated design, development, and supply agreements with Dell Computers, Cisco Systems, IBM, Motorola, and others on behalf of hardware manufacturer.
- Negotiated limited and enterprise licenses with Ford Motor Company, Federal Express, RPS, and others on behalf of software developer.
- Designed standard form licensing, OEM, and distribution agreements for software developers in telecommunications, airline, manufacturing, and other industries.