Bob Zelinger is a business lawyer who concentrates his practice on providing legal services to middle market, privately-held enterprises, including start-up business organizations and emerging growth companies. He advises his clients on selecting the legal forms of operation, obtaining and documenting financial arrangements, compliance with regulations, and the negotiation and preparation of documentation for a variety of commercial transactions.
Bob often serves as outside general counsel to his clients in a variety of industries. On behalf of clients, he has formed, acquired, sold and dissolved business organizations; structured private stock offerings and financial arrangements; developed tailored terms for contracts; negotiated and documented joint ventures, and handled a variety of commercial transactions and general business matters.
Bob provides clients with a sound and practical approach to legal issues developed over nearly thirty years of practice. He is also a frequent lecturer and seminar participant on subjects such as “Buying and Selling Businesses,” “Starting a Business,” and other topics relevant to business owners.
Representative Transactions and Clients
- A Connecticut-based records management company in thirty-four acquisitions of record storage companies in twelve states as part of a regional consolidation strategy and the sale of the company in a $200 million transaction.
- A major distributor of industrial gas in its acquisition of companies in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, and Rhode Island and its subsequent sale to Airgas, Inc., in a $60 million+ transaction.
- Two of the nation’s largest instant oil change franchisees in their financing for and acquisition of dozens of additional locations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Florida.
- A search fund affiliated with Harvard Business School in the acquisition of five businesses in Texas, New York, Nebraska, and Pennsylvania.
- A bottleless water system company in more than a dozen acquisitions throughout the United States.
- A private equity fund in an investment in a metal finishing technology company.
- The sale of Connecticut-based medical component manufacturer to a UK based conglomerate.
- A leading Connecticut insurance brokerage firm in a sale to a Toronto Stock Exchange insurance holding company in a transaction valued in excess of $15 million.
- A parking lot systems integrator in its sale to the U.S. subsidiary of the world’s leading parking equipment manufacturer.
- A Connecticut-based fuel oil distributor in its financing and acquisition of Middlesex county’s and Tolland county’s leading fuel oil companies and subsequent sale to a regional energy company.
- The sale of an executive search firm to a national CPA firm.
- A Swiss-based hospitality education company in its divestiture of its U.S. based assets.
- The seller of multi-state surface coating business in a sale to a Fortune 100 Company for approximately $10 million.
- The buyer of a glass replacement master franchise for multiple locations in Connecticut and New York.
- A chemical distribution company in its purchase of a Michigan-based polymer additive manufacturing division and immediate sale to an Indiana based industrial conglomerate.
- A Connecticut-based steel company subsidiary of a Dutch conglomerate in its merger with a North Carolina-based steel company.
- Hinckley Allen
- Partner (2013-Present)
- Levy & Droney, P.C.
- Partner (2001-2012)
- Gager, Henry and Narkis LLP
- Partner (1994-2000)
Honors & Awards
- Waterbury Regional Chamber, Malcolm Baldrige Leadership Award (2001)
- Trinity College, President's Fellow-Political Science
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Child Guidance Clinics, Former Director
- Hartford Stage Company, Member of Board of Directors
- SBA Small Business Development Center, Advisory Committee
- St. Mary’s Health System, Inc., Former Member of Board of Directors, Board Development Committee
- United Way of Central Naugatuck Valley, Inc., Voting Member
- Waterbury Development Corporation, Inc., Member of Board of Directors
- Waterbury Regional Chamber, Inc., Past Chairman of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Connecticut, 1986
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut, 1986
News & Insight
Partner C. Robert Zelinger talks about the importance of the Hartford Stage to the greater Hartford community, and why Hinckley Allen is proud to support its philanthropic goals and endeavors.
The new Connecticut Uniform Limited Liability Company Act (the “New CT LLC Act”) will be taking effect July 1, 2017. The New CT LLC Act is based on the Uniform Limited Liability Company Act adopted by the Uniform Laws Commission and replaces the Connec…
C. Robert Zelinger, a Partner at Hinckley Allen was recently elected to the board of directors of the Hartford Stage.Bob’s practice is focused on corporate and business matters including mergers and acquisitions, commercial finance, and contracts. He ser…
Hinckley, Allen & Snyder announced today that more than a dozen lawyers from Levy & Droney, P.C. have joined its Hartford office effective January 1, 2013.The former Levy & Droney attorneys bring to Hinckley Allen significant expertise and years of experie…
Hinckley Allen recently represented Onesource Water, LLC, in its acquisition of Pure Water Tech in Texas, Gray & Creech in North Carolina and West Coast Pure Water in Nevada. Terms of these transactions were not disclosed.Onesource Water, offers a co…
Corporate & Business Partner Bob Zelinger, will be presenting a webinar in partnership with the University of Connecticut School of Business, offering strategic advice on exit options for family businesses.To join this webinar, please register here.