Lisa Catarino Riccio’s practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate, including financing, leasing, acquiring and selling real property. She represents owners, developers, landlords, tenants, large and mid-sized banks, institutional lenders and investors throughout Connecticut and across the country. Ms. Riccio has significant experience in negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements, including all real estate aspects of business purchases and sales. Her lending practice encompasses construction and permanent financing of office, retail, industrial and multi-family projects throughout the United States.
Ms. Riccio has extensive, specific experience in loan transactions for public-private affordable housing initiatives, including “back to back” loan transactions, and other construction and permanent loans, bridge loans, and taxable and tax-exempt loans. Her multi-family housing finance practice addresses issues involving Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits, state and local tax exemptions, HAP subsidies, HOME loans, and multi-layered financing.
- Represented People’s United Bank in connection with its $32MM permanent loan, secured by 500,000+ SF of warehouse and distribution space, including new construction, in Connecticut.
- Represented New York-based real estate joint venture in its $33.5MM acquisition of an office building and marina complex, the current headquarter space for clothing retailer Vineyard Vines, located in the waterfront Shippan Landing complex in Stamford, Connecticut.
- Represented People’s United Bank in connection with its $46MM construction and permanent loan secured by a 129-unit multifamily development, including 17 affordable units and ground floor retail, to be constructed in northern Boston.
- Represented top tier national bank in over $500MM of “back to back” construction to permanent, affordable housing tax-exempt loan transactions.
- Hinckley Allen (2019-Present)
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Dechert LLP
- CIGNA Corporation
American Bar Association
- Real Property Section
- Member, Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Real Estate Finance Association
- Connecticut, 1999
News & Insight
Hinckley Allen is proud to welcome Lisa Catarino Riccio as Partner to the Firm’s Real Estate Group. Riccio joins Hinckley Allen’s Hartford, CT office after most recently practicing at Robinson+Cole.“Lisa is a veteran business and legal counselor who …