Lisa’s practice focuses on financial matters and commercial real estate transactions. Lisa frequently represents large national banks in loan transactions for public-private affordable housing initiatives. These loans involve state agencies, developers, equity funds, and syndicators. She provides counsel to lenders in connection with multi-family finance transactions, including construction, bridge, permanent, taxable, and tax-exempt loans.
These transactions routinely involve Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits, state and local tax exemptions, HAP subsidies, HOME loans, and other layers of financing. Lisa has served as bank counsel for multi-million dollar and large-scale affordable housing projects, and has deep experience in “back-to-back” loan transactions.
Lisa also has extensive commercial real estate experience. She conducts due diligence, performs title analysis, and conducts legal opinion review and analysis for commercial real estate loan transactions. In addition, Lisa drafts and negotiates hotel, entertainment, retail, and other real estate-related documents, and also handles mortgage loan originations, acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, and servicing matters.
- Represented regional and national investors and lenders in commercial transactions including mortgage loan originations, acquisitions and dispositions, real estate leasing, loan acquisitions and servicing matters
- Represented institutional lenders in a variety of loan servicing matters, including condemnations, easements, partial releases, loan transfers, modifications, applications of insurance proceeds, releases of guarantees, terminations of escrows, subdivisions and lot splits
- Represented a large institutional investor in numerous join venture transactions to acquire and renovate commercial real estate, including drafting and negotiating joint venture agreements, operating agreements, and guarantees and indemnitees
- Supported commercial and institutional lenders and institutional investors in a variety of tax and other financial matters related to affordable housing and other commercial real estate transactions
- Advised middle-market lenders in transactions secured by complex collateral packages including real estate, EB-5 Visa Program funds, media credits, tax credits, membership interests and objets d’art.
- Represented a large institutional investor in the acquisition of an eight-phase apartment complex, undeveloped land, and common area facilities. Managed the acquisition through closing, including negotiation of all sale agreement, drafting and negotiating all amendments to sale agreement, collateral documents, and conveyance documents, as well as conducting due diligence reviews. Advised client concerning various property management issues in connection with the ongoing ownership and management of the property.
- Representing a national bank in connection with more than $500 million of “back-to-back” construction-to-permanent multi-family loans, among other multi-million-dollar “back-to-back” loan transactions
- Hinckley Allen
- Partner (2019-Present)
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Counsel (2014-2019)
- Maro Crowe LLP
- Counsel (2012-2013)
- Independent Contractor (2008-2012)
- Dechert LLP
- Associate (2004-2008)
- CIGNA Corporation
- Counsel (1999-2004)
- Paralegal (1998-1999)
American Bar Association
- Member, Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- Acquisitions Editor, Real Property Trusts and Estates Book Publications Section (2015-2018)
- Connecticut Bar Association
News & Insight
Hinckley Allen is proud to welcome Lisa Catarino Riccio as Partner to the Firm’s Real Estate Group. Riccio joins Hinckley Allen’s Hartford, CT office after most recently practicing at Robinson+Cole.“Lisa is a veteran business and legal counselor who …