Nick practices in general corporate law with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, and corporate governance.
Nick’s transactional experience ranges from representing companies in mergers, acquisitions, and recapitalizations, including asset and stock deals on both the buy-side and sell-side. Nick represents companies in all stages of business, including emerging and developing companies, established private middle-market businesses, and public companies.
In addition to his business law practice, Nick is active in the healthcare industry and serves on the Board of Directors for Rhode Island’s largest health insurer.
Served on the core deal teams representing each of the following:
- Private Dutch holding company in the cross-border acquisition of a controlling interest in a leading Boston-based national fish and seafood distributor with over $160 million in annual revenue.
- DeWal Industries, Inc., a leading manufacturer of polymer films and pressure sensitive tapes for the automotive and aerospace industry, with $50 million in revenue, in its reorganization and sale to Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG).
- Privately-held regional leader in the integrated solid waste services industry in its $90 million sale to a NYSE publicly-traded waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services company.
- Atrion Holdings, Inc., a leading IT services firm with $140 million in annual sales, in its reorganization and sale to Carousel Industries of North America, Inc., creating a company with $525 million in revenue and 1,400 employees.
- National plumbing, heating, and cooling company in its reorganization and stock sale for a purchase price in excess of $20 million along with sale of shareholders’ commercial real estate portfolio for a purchase price exceeding $30 million.
Served as counsel in the following corporate matters:
- For New England physical therapy group in a series of acquisitions of physical therapy practices and evaluated partnership with orthopedic groups for compliance with Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and False Claims Act.
- For Rhode Island’s premier radiology provider, in review of intellectual property policies and contracts with leading hospital system and research university, to determine ownership of intellectual property from grant research.
- Hinckley Allen
- Associate (2018-Present)
- Duffy & Sweeney, LTD
- Associate (2016-2018)
- Bogue, Moylan + Marino, LLP (now Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP)
- Associate (2015-2016)
- United States District Court, Rhode Island, Magistrate Judge Lincoln D. Almond
- Judicial Extern (2013)
- State of Rhode Island Superior Court, Business Calendar, Judge Brian P. Stern
- Judicial Intern (2012)
- Tax Intern (2010)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 2016
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), 2011
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island, Board of Directors (2016-Present), Audit Committee Vice Chair, Finance Committee Member
- Catholic Foundation of Rhode Island, Board of Governors (2017-Present)
- Town of West Warwick Pension Board (2011-2016), Chairman (2013-2016)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), National Student Recruitment Committee
- Association for Corporate Growth - Boston Chapter
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD)
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Rhode Island
- Providence College, Accounting Capstone Course, “Risk Management and Corporate Governance” (2017)
- Rhode Island Foundation, “Nonprofit Board Governance” (2017)
- Brown University, Watson Institute for International Affairs, “Financial Management of Nonprofits” (2015)
- Bryant University, Master of Science in Taxation Program, “Choice of Entity and Legal Practice” (2015)
- Rhode Island Society of CPAs, “Beginning Your Practice in Public Accounting and Industry” (2015)
- Brown University, Business, Entrepreneurship, & Organizations Program, “Corporate Governance” (2014)
News & Insight
Hinckley Allen is pleased to welcome the following attorneys to Hinckley Allen: Shasky L. Clarke, Lisa M. DeFronzo, Nicholas A. Denice, Amanda A. Garganese, Richard A. Goulding, III, Gina K. Kim, and Jenna M. Montesano.