Nick is a corporate attorney with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, and corporate governance. He has broad financial expertise as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Nick’s transactional experience ranges from representing companies in mergers, acquisitions, and recapitalizations, including asset and stock deals on both the buy-side and sell-side. Nick represents companies in all stages of business, including emerging and developing companies, established private middle-market businesses, and public companies.
Nick is active in the healthcare industry and serves on the Board of Directors of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, the state’s largest health insurer. He is a member of the Board of Governors of the Catholic Foundation of Rhode Island.
- Represented Covia Holdings Corp. (NYSE:CVIA), a leading provider of mineral-based and material solutions for the Industrial and Energy markets, in the $105 million sale of its subsidiary The Winchester and Western Railroad Company, a Class III short line railroad with over 100 miles of track, to OmniTRAX, Inc.
- Represented the Nashville & Eastern Railroad Corp. (NERR), Nashville & Western Railroad Corp. (NWR), Transit Solutions Group, a commuter rail operation, and three related operating entities in their merger and sale to R.J. Corman Railroad Company.
- Advises a NYSE-listed owner and manager of casino operations on corporate and contract matters.
- Represented a private Dutch holding company in the cross-border acquisition of a controlling interest in a leading Boston-based national fish and seafood distributor with over $160 million in annual revenue.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of polymer films and pressure sensitive tapes for the automotive and aerospace industry, with $50 million in revenue, in its reorganization and sale to a NYSE publicly traded specialty engineered materials company.
- Represented a privately-held regional leader in the integrated solid waste services industry in its $90 million sale to a NYSE publicly-traded waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services company.
- Represented a leading IT services firm with $140 million in annual sales, in its reorganization and sale, creating a company with $525 million in revenue and 1,400 employees.
- Represented a national plumbing, heating, and cooling company in its reorganization and stock sale for a purchase price in excess of $20 million along with sale of shareholders’ commercial real estate portfolio for a purchase price exceeding $30 million.
- Acted as outside counsel to a regional blood banking, blood services, and blood-testing laboratory business in its merger with a national blood banking and laboratory conglomerate.
- Represented several purchasers and sellers of independent insurance agencies in multimillion dollar transactions with a variety of deal structures.
- Hinckley Allen
- Associate (2018-Present)
- Duffy & Sweeney, LTD
- Associate (2016-2018)
- Bogue, Moylan + Marino, LLP (now Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP)
- Associate (2015-2016)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 2016
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), 2011
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island, Board of Directors (2016-Present), Audit Committee Vice Chair, Finance Committee Member
- Catholic Foundation of Rhode Island, Board of Governors (2017-Present)
- Town of West Warwick Pension Board (2011-2016), Chairman (2013-2016)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) - New England Chapter
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Rhode Island
- Providence College, Accounting Capstone Course, “Risk Management and Corporate Governance” (2017)
- Rhode Island Foundation, “Nonprofit Board Governance” (2017)
- Brown University, Watson Institute for International Affairs, “Financial Management of Nonprofits” (2015)
- Bryant University, Master of Science in Taxation Program, “Choice of Entity and Legal Practice” (2015)
- Rhode Island Society of CPAs, “Beginning Your Practice in Public Accounting and Industry” (2015)
- Brown University, Business, Entrepreneurship, & Organizations Program, “Corporate Governance” (2014)
News & Insight
Hinckley Allen is pleased to welcome the following attorneys to Hinckley Allen: Shasky L. Clarke, Lisa M. DeFronzo, Nicholas A. Denice, Amanda A. Garganese, Richard A. Goulding, III, Gina K. Kim, and Jenna M. Montesano.