Jonathan represents a number of large financial institutions in secured lending, project finance, securitization and other credit transactions, with a particular focus on corporate trust. He represents financial institutions that provide trustee and agency services in secured and unsecured financings, with a concentration on domestic and international project finance, corporate and municipal debt, mergers and acquisitions, and asset-backed securitizations.
Jonathan works with financial institutions serving as trustee, administrative agent, collateral agent, intercreditor agent, account bank, escrow agent, and paying agent. In addition to new transactions, Jonathan advises corporate trust clients on the development of product-related policies and procedures, and other risk management and regulatory compliance matters.
- Currently serving as counsel to the administrative agent and New York counsel to the onshore collateral agents in Brazil, Peru, Colombia and Mexico in connection with a $130MM senior secured term loan facility.
- Currently serving as counsel to the offshore collateral agent and offshore account bank in connection with a financing for the construction of the second largest gas fired power plant in Brazil.
- Served as counsel to the offshore collateral agent and offshore account bank in connection with a $100MM financing for a windfarm project in Argentina.
- Served as counsel to the administrative agent, intercreditor agent and paying agent in connection with a $300MM senior secured private placement and a $100MM revolving letter of credit facility for a 306 MW wind powered electric generation facility to be developed in Tamaulipas, Mexico.
- Served as counsel to the collateral agent on a senior secured revolving credit facility backed by five oil rigs.
- Served as counsel to the intercreditor agent, offshore collateral agent, offshore account bank, administrative agent and indenture trustee in connection with a $1.8B financing for the design, construction and operation of a thermal power plant in Brazil, expected to be the largest in South America.
- Served as counsel to the administrative agent, offshore security agent and offshore account bank in connection with a $120MM financing for the construction of a greenfield thermal power plant in Conakry, Guinea.
- Represented the indenture trustee and intercreditor agent in connection with a $625MM secured notes issuance, to be used by the issuer for construction of a new airport terminal and ongoing operations at the airport in Panama.
- Served as counsel to the offshore collateral agent and offshore accounts bank in connection with a $450MM secured credit facility for a liquefied natural gas regasification terminal and a gas fired power plant in Panama.
- Served as counsel to the offshore security agent and offshore accounts bank in connection with a $265MM secured credit facility for the expansion, upgrade and operation of the Port of Kingston in Jamaica.
- Represented the collateral agent in connection with a $480MM senior secured note financing for a new arena for the Golden State Warriors.
- Represented the indenture trustee, offshore collateral agent, offshore account bank and intercreditor agent in connection with a $379MM senior secured notes issuance for the development, ownership, operation and maintenance of three electricity transmission circuits located in Chile.
- Served as counsel to the indenture trustee, collateral agent and paying agent in connection with a $1.4B league wide financing for the National Hockey League.
- Served as counsel to financial institutions in connection with the sale of numerous portfolios of mortgage servicing rights.
- Represented a large financial institution as indenture trustee on multiple asset-backed securitization transactions with large auto and equipment lease issuers.
- Represented financial institutions on numerous domestic and international escrows and exchange and paying agencies.
- Represented financial institutions on numerous domestic and international conventional debt issuances.
- Counseled the corporate trust businesses of multiple large financial institutions on internal matters, including best practices for internal document review, risk mitigation, the construction and updating of form documents, providing legal and risk analyses of new transactions, and revising policies and procedures.
- Hinckley Allen
- Chair, Corporate Trust
- Partner (2011-Present)
- Bernstein Shur
- Shareholder (2007-2011)
- Citibank, N.A.
- Senior Vice President and Internal Counsel (2006-2007)
- Nixon Peabody
- Associate (2002-2006)
- Peabody & Arnold LLP
- Associate (1999-2002)
- Maine State Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Maine, 2008
- Massachusetts, 1998
- New York, 2009
News & Insight
Providence, RI – Hinckley, Allen & Snyder LLP is pleased to announce that eight new hires have joined the Firm’s Providence, Boston and Hartford offices.Kevin J. O’Connor joins the Firm as a partner in the Litigation Law Group. He prosecutes and …